Absolutely beautiful Wellington day spent with Kris and Lilibeth at St Gerard’s exchanging their vows with their nearest and dearest. The newly wed couple then celebrated their wedding in Amora Hotel in Wellington.
The church has a significant history in that it is the first in the world to be named after Saint Gerard, and was built in 1908 for the Redemptorists. The stained-glass windows in the church were all donated by Wellington families when it was built, with the family names referenced at the base of the windows. *The monastery was built in 1932, funded by public donations, intended as a home for the Redemptorists.